1 posizione presso il CMCC
1 posizione presso il CMCC
Segnaliamo una posizione disponibile presso il Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici (CMCC):
Post Doc/Researcher in Climate change and forestry (scadenza 15 Marzo 2023)
Per maggiorni informazioni e fare domanda cliccare su questo link.
Maggiori dettagli di seguito:
The CMCC Foundation is a scientific research center on climate change and its interactions with the environment, the society, the world of business and policy makers.
Our work aims to stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop strategies for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
Our Division on Climate Change Impacts on Agriculture, Forests and Ecosystem Services (IAFES)is looking for a new Post Doc/researcher position for the support in scientific activities and research projects on the interactions of forestry sector with the climate system through the analysis of mitigation and adaptation policies within the European context
The job location is CMCC – Impacts on Agriculture, Forests and Ecosystem Services (IAFES) Division in Viterbo, Italy with flexibility for remote working.
We are looking for a motivated person with the following requirements:
- a PhD (or equivalent experience) in topics related to climate change and land sector or equivalent subjects;
- fluency in English language (knowledge of Italian will be an asset);
- minimum 3 years of work experience in forestry carbon cycle and policies in the environmental and climate framework
- good communication skills;
The following experiences are highly desirable (one or several):
- LULUCF and carbon farming accounting rules and mitigation policies in agriculture and forestry;
- research experience on the terrestrial carbon cycle and the feedbacks between climate change and ecosystems, with particular regard to mitigation and adaptation of the land sector;
- experiences with carbon and GHG data elaboration (e.g. IPCC guidelines);
- analysis of impacts on climate of forestry and other land uses management practices;
- strong analytical skills to work with large and multiple datasets;
- author of scientific publications on peer reviewed journals on relevant topics (first authorship will be an asset);
- basic programming and/or GIS skills;
- good communication skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
Some fiscal benefit could be applied for repatriated workers or foreign researches/professors, having the requirements defined by Dlgs 147/2015 (for repatriates) or Dl 78/2010 (for foreigners).
We offer the opportunity to join our team through a temporary contract of 24 months starting from April 2023, with the possibility of contract extension based on performance, results achieved and new project opportunities.
Minimum annual salary from 28k Euros, comprehensive of benefits, up to an amount to be defined depending on qualification and experience.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest for the above mentioned CMCC Position.