1 posizione presso il CMCC
Segnaliamo una posizione disponibile presso il Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici (CMCC):
Ocean Data Manager (scadenza 28 Febbraio 2023)
Maggiori dettagli di seguito:
The CMCC Foundation is a scientific research centre on climate change and its interactions with the environment, the society, the world of business and the policy makers.
Our work aims to stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment, and develop strategies for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
Our Division of Ocean Predictions and Applications (OPA) is looking for a new position of Ocean Data manager,responsible for the management of oceanographic and atmospheric data to support both research and operational activities of the OPA and ODA divisions
The job location is CMCC Headquarters in Bologna, BO, Italy.
We are looking for a motivated person with the following requirements:
- M.Sc. degree (or candidate for graduation in the next couple of months) or equivalent working experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering;
- good knowledge of databases (i.e., mySQL);
- good knowledge of programming languages (i.e., Python and/or Fortran and/or C);
- good knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems and script languages (i.e., *nix shell);
- good knowledge of version control systems (i.e., git);
- good knowledge of the English language;
- good communication skills;
- teamworking attitude.
Furthermore, it is welcome to have as much as possible of the following experience:
- knowledge of workflow management systems (i.e., Luigi, Cylc);
- experience in managing/manipulating/visualization environmental data (i.e., NetCDF, CF metadata convention, GRIB, csv) and associated tools (NCO, CDO libraries);
- experience with the Data Access System of the EU Copernicus Marine Service;
- experience in analyse user requirements, create technical specifications, and write operational documentation.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
Some fiscal benefit could be applied for repatriated workers or foreign researchers/professors, having the requirements defined by Dlgs 147/2015 (for repatriates) or Dl 78/2010 (for foreigners).
We offer the opportunity to join our team through a temporary contract of 24months starting as soon as possible, with the possibility of contract extension based on performance, results achieved and new project opportunities.
Annual salary ranging is from 24K to 32K Euros for Junior Research Associate and from 32K to 40K Euros for Senior Research Associate, depending on qualification and experience.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest for the above mentioned CMCC Position.
(Deadline: Februaury 28, 2023)
For more information on how to apply please visit this link.