1 Posizione presso il CMCC
Segnaliamo una posizione disponibile presso il Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici (CMCC):
Junior Scientist – Machine Learning/AI Expert (scadenza 15 Novembre 2022)
Maggiori dettagli di seguito:
The CMCC Foundation is a scientific research center on climate change and its interactions with the environment, the society, the world of business and policy makers.
Our work aims to stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop strategies for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
Our Division of Advanced Scientific Computing (ASC) is looking to hire one talented, motivated and proactive Machine Learning/AI Expert to work, within several European Projects, in team with scientists and engineers in computational science, data analytics, machine learning, and climate science. Main responsibilities will include:
- Perform scientific research in the area of machine learning/AI applied to climate change, extreme events and wildfires;
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed journals and technical reports;
- Engagement and contribution to open source software communities.
The job location is CMCC Headquarters in Lecce, Italy. Remote working is considered as an option only from Europe.
We are looking for a motivated person with the following requirements:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Economics, Data Science, Statistics, or a similar field;
- 3+ years of research on machine learning/AI (preferable applied to climate science);
- Strong experience in using Python stack for scientific programming (numpy, pandas, scipy, scikit-learn) and machine learning (pytorch, keras, tensorflow, jax);
- Experience working with large weather and climate datasets; Experience in writing research papers for peer-reviewed journals;
- Ability to work both independently and in team; Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
Some fiscal benefit could be applied for repatriated workers or foreign researchers/professors, having the requirements defined by Dlgs 147/2015 (for repatriates) or Dl 78/2010 (for foreigners).
We offer the opportunity to join our team through a temporary contract of 12 months starting as soon as possible, with the possibility of contract extension based on performance, results achieved and new project opportunities. After 2 years, we will evaluate the possibility to offer a full permanent position within the Advance Scientific Computing Division. Annual salary ranging from 33k to 42k Euros, comprehensive of benefits, depending on qualification and experience.
For more information on how to apply please visit this link.